I'm listening to the guy who sits behind the wall in front of me. I don't have to see his face, but I hear him loud and clear (unfortunately). His boss, walks into his cube and says that he was reminded of him because last night he was watching this PBS special on physics. The boss asks the guy, "Have you heard of this new theory called string something?" Guy says, "Oh yeah, String Theory has to do with something called a singularity." Boss interjects, "And related to Quantum mechanics?" Guy, "Yes, the whole thing is backed by the quantum theory." I was listening to all this and mentally shaking my head. Sure, this guy may have taken a physics class or two, but he's talking as if he actually did some hardcore research on the subject.
One pet peeve of mine is when people start talking about a particular topic like they are the world's expert and nothing else matters. Essentially talking out of their arse.
Now they've switched to cities up in Western Washington. I'm tempted to help them out with where the "Ballard Locks" are or what sort of things go on in Redmond, WA. But I decided to just leave them alone. They seem to be fine by themselves.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home